Thursday, October 18, 2012

I'm so glad I live in a world where there are Octobers.










































Russell Square, in all it's glory.




"Sometimes, I feel like every experience is amplified by ten when you are doing it for the first time. I don't think twice taking the T in Boston, but experiencing the Underground system for the first time in a while was so unique. I love how the map doesn't make sense, I love the Oyster Card, I love how you can hop on a tube and get anywhere in London. London just felt so extraordinarily comfortable, not only with the use of English but also some favorites like Starbucks and H+M, it's not a big deal to see these "American" places but is certainly welcoming. Perhaps that is why London feels so familiar. There are just so many possibilities in terms of where we can go, what we can see. Russell Square is a great area to be based out of...  it's within walking distance of so many interesting places, and anywhere inaccessible by foot can be found using the Underground. Skylar and I got lost so many times this afternoon trying to figure out how to use the tube and which stop to get off at, but I think we are getting the hang of it." -from my journal, October 18th, after an afternoon of exploring London.


No comments:

Post a Comment