Wednesday, October 17, 2012

A walk in the English Countryside.





"It was such a striking experience walking down to the River Ouse and seeing first hand where Virginia Woolf killed herself. Not only did we get to see her home today, but saw the view from where she took her last breaths, and where she decided to terminate her tumultous, extraordinary life. What resonated with me most was how insignificant and dull the area was, she is a very significant part of early 20th century British history, and yet died in a small river in Sussex surrounded by farmland."
                    -from my journal, October 17th.



"Friendships are so cool sometimes. I remember taking these photos of Curran and Gray and thinking of both of them as friends, but not close friends or people I'd spent a bunch of time with. Now, two weeks later, editing these photos, I count both of them as really great friends and wonderful people. One of my favorite aspects of this travel was how close I got to some of the people on travel, people I wouldn't have gotten to know otherwise. It was so much fun not only getting to know London better, but also fellow Franklin students." -from my journal, October 24th

No comments:

Post a Comment