Monday, October 15, 2012

Brighton.



Photos from our walk by the water, October 15th.

"I was blown away by Brighton, immediately. I didn't know what to expect coming here but thus far it's been a wonderful experience. We had a delicious dinner at Bill's of Brighton this evening, and then went to a local pub afterwards. It was nice to get to know people this evening that I haven't spoken to before, our group has so many nice people in it. I don't think I understood the appeal of an old, dark, British pub until tonight. I hope to visit many more pubs on this trip, I love how charming they are-- Skylar and I said we felt like we could be visiting the pub 100 years in the past and it would look similar." -from my journal, October 15th.

"I'm not really that great with words... I feel like my photography is a way to express anything I would ever want to say about a place.  Brighton is incredible and I think it's mostly because it feels so charming, friendly and comfortable. Flower shops on the corners, cobblestones, pubs... downright perfect. Every street has a million little shops and cafes tucked into the alleys, and there are dogs everywhere, having a nice little stroll with their owner. I could definitely picture living here. I loved exploring all of the antique shops this afternoon, Brighton has a plethora of unique stores, and some of the antiques we found were beautiful, and so old. Bravo, Brighton, you have shown us a good time."
 -from my journal, October 17th.


No comments:

Post a Comment